Image by Freepik
Remuneration Range: EUR 36,000.00 – 42,000.00 per annum
Capacity: Full time
Reports to: Head of Finance and Operations
Deadline: 8 January 2023 23:59 UTC
Climate Action Network (CAN) is a global network of more than 1,800 civil society organisations in over 130 countries driving collective and sustainable action to fight the climate crisis and to achieve social and racial justice.
CAN members work to achieve this goal through information exchange and the coordinated development of NGO strategy on international, regional and national climate issues. CAN has regional and national network hubs that coordinate these efforts around the world. The ideal candidate will have a passion for online engagement,
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Administrative Coordinator will work with the Finance and Operations Departments to support the CAN Network by coordinating IT management and implementation as well as CAN email lists, and assisting with financial administration as well as membership management.
The role will be completely remote and will include daily coordination with the Operations and Events Management Officer and Finance Department.
- Travel expense report processing for internationally funded event participants.
- Financial database and tool management – including invoice receivables, travel expenditures and reimbursements, Expensify and SharePoint.
- Organizational training on finance and administrative processes and procedures.
- Developing standard operating procedures for new systems and tools.
- Physical receipt collection and organization.
Administration and information coordination:
- Conducts audits of the listservs and ensures member information is accurate and up-to-date;
- Gathers information for various reports on a regular basis and assists in developing drafts in coordination with the team;
- Support in a range of other administrative tasks;
- Analyse, develop, implement and review operational processes.
- Provide operational assistance to the area membership and Node support as required
- Provide assistance in Events Management and assist on UNFCCC sessions (e.g., COPs) operations and logistics including assisting with coordination of network activities, strategy sessions, providing support to Fossil of the Day awards, newsletter/ECO printing and distribution, etc.
- Other tasks as assigned by the line-manager as appropriate.
- Prioritizing the given work-time to the work of the organization.
- Recognize that each role and the actions of everyone in CAN reflect the organization, and therefore all staff carry responsibility to guard CAN’s public reputation and avoid any disrepute to the organization.
- Uphold the obligation to confidentiality regarding any confidential information received through the work for CAN, as further specified in the work contract.
- Coordinates and develops recommendations for the continuous development, implementation and updating of digital security and privacy policies, standards, guidelines, baselines, processes and procedures
- Provide digital security support to staff e.g. how to use keep safe using online platforms or spaces like VPN, Antivirus uses, zoom, Google doc, email, etc.
- Train and educate staff in various IT topics (incl. introducing new programs, guidance on existing IT measures and/or how to strengthen them, digital security briefings, etc.)
- Management of all subscription services, CAN administrative accounts, CAN email provider and software for the organization (Google file storage & email; Zoom and conferencing services; listserv hosts; registered domain names and hosting space)
- Programming and editing of internal forms.
- Planning and overseeing organisational change, such as the implementation of a new email system.
- Management of staff IT material (licenses, computers) and solves Team IT Problems (e.g., but not limited to MS Office PDF
Education and professional qualifications:
University degree in relevant field
Job-related experience & knowledge:
- At least 2-5 years of experience working in a relevant field, preferably in, accounting and administrative and IT functions;
- Experience in information security role is a strong asset
- Experience of having worked in civil society and NGO network structures is a strong asset;
- Passionate about developing organisational best practices
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a remote office environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in high pressure environments
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent logistical coordination skills, especially in the area of organizing meetings/conferences/workshops
- Very strong organizational and time management skills: Ability to prioritize, adjust workload, juggle multiple assignments and meet or exceed deadlines, and willingness to work under time constraints and pressure;
- Strong communication skills and experience especially in communication with service providers and meeting participants
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, patience and ability to work effectively in different socio-cultural contexts;
- Reliable team-player mentality with the ability to work independently and proactively;
- Problem-solver mentality, with the ability to adapt seamlessly to changing priorities, enforce regulations, and deadlines;
- Ability and willingness to work remotely with your own setup;
- Advanced knowledge of: Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Drupal CMS, social media and Skype.
- Familiarity with using online organizing tools
- Knowledge of Information Systems Security Professional or other information systems security certifications.
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and spoken English; Other language skills will be a bonus.
- Reliable internet access.
- Strong identification with CAN’s values including but not limited to transparency, honesty, inclusiveness, empathy, solidarity and respect.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 20% of the time, incl. ability to travel for 2-3 weeks at a time.
● Send a motivation letter and CV as one PDF file to
firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line: Administrative Coordinator.
●The deadline for applications is 8 January 2023, 23:59 UTC.
●Please, no telephone inquiries. Based on the expected large interest in this position and limited capacity, only candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.
●CAN is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to make positions accessible to all regardless of race, nationality, ethnicity, age, disability, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or identity, religion, marital or parental status, etc.