The Climate Action Network (CAN) is a worldwide network of over 1100 Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in more than 120 countries, working to promote government and individual action to limit human-induced climate change to ecologically sustainable levels.
The Sustainable Finance Intern will work in CAN’s Sustainable Finance team and will be responsible for tracking global trends and key developments in sustainable finance, including financial reform, disclosure issues, green bonds, and more - with a particular focus on shifting the trillions towards the 1.5C temperature goal and achievement of SDGs.
The position will report to CAN’s senior advisor on sustainable finance and will be hosted in the Director’s Office. The position is remotely based and the time commitment is expected to be at least half time. Prior experience in finance and strong analytical skills are preferred.
- Daily tracking of key developments and reports on sustainable finance;
- Production of a weekly Sustainable finance briefing providing members with analysis on the latest developments;
- Support the development of position and reports in the areas of sustainable finance, with a focus on private sector and financial regulation issues.
- Bachelor in Environmental Finance or Financial Journalism - Master level preferred;
- Strong analytical, research and writing skills are required;
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and spoken English;
- Experience as a research analyst in private sector very welcome;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to work independently in a remote office environment;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Personal computer and reliable internet access.
Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a 700 word analysis of a key development in the sustainable finance space that happened in the week preceding your application. Your analysis should explain what the move is, why it is significant, and what are the implications moving forward (for the market and for how NGOs might want to engage).
Please send both CV and analysis with subject: “Sustainable Finance Intern”. Applications that do not contain both the analysis and a CV will not be considered.
Please, no telephone inquiries. Based on the expected interest in this position and limited capacity, only candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted. CAN is an equal opportunity employer.