In Qatar, developed countries need to put forward a climate finance package that includes:
- Commitments to total climate finance (bilateral and multilateral, inside and outside the GCF) in 2013-2015 that are substantially above the levels of the Fast Start Finance period (2010-12);
- A pledge of at least $10-15 billion in new and additional public finance to be disbursed to the GCF over the years 2013-2015, with 50 percent of these initial resources for adaptation through direct access where possible and preferred;
- A clear roadmap for scaling-up climate finance to meet the $100 billion per year commitment by 2020;
- Decisions that advance the most promising alternative sources of public finance as part of this roadmap;
- Decisions allowing the full operationalization of the Green Climate Fund.