The work is powered by conservation scientists, policy experts, lawyers, communications experts, and other specialists in our programmes and global initiatives, supported by national and regional offices and implemented through on-the-ground projects.
Together with our valuable partners, these dedicated people are developing and implementing real solutions across the world – building a future in which people live in harmony with nature.
Our work to achieve a "climate-safe" future includes:
- Advocating a new international climate agreement – one that is just and legally binding
- Promoting energy efficiency – the most rapid and cost-effective way to reduce CO2 emissions
- Promoting renewable energy sources – like wind, solar, and geothermal power
- Preventing greenhouse gas emissions from deforestation – currently responsible for 20% of all emissions
- Developing and promoting climate change adaptation strategies– to safeguard the most vulnerable people and the most exposed ecosystems.
We also work with businesses to help them prepare for the low carbon economy.