PBI envisions the long-term survival of polar bears and the unique part of the world they call home. We see this iconic species roaming the sea ice for generations to come.
1. Serve as THE global resource for information regarding polar bears and their habitat.
2. Be the leading voice on climate warming impacts to polar bears and their Arctic home while actively seeking solutions through education, advocacy, and action.
3. Conduct, support, and share scientific research that informs polar bear conservation.
4. Educate an international audience about polar bear conservation and provide mentorship for the actions that will help ensure their survival.
5. Pro-actively and effectively communicate science-based information on polar bears and their conservation.
6. Maintain transparency in fiscal management and sound business policies and practices.
7. Follow best environmental practices as an organization, including minimizing our greenhouse gas footprint.