International public interest environmental law organization Environment-People-Law (EPL) was founded in 1994 with the aim to help in protecting environmental rights of citizens and organizations, to promote development of nature protection, environmental education, science and culture.
Our Mission: Rule of law for environmental protection
- legal consultations for citizens and organizations in the sphere of environmental protection, protection of environmental rights;
- representation of interests of citizens and organizations before judicial bodies and other state authorities in environmental matters.
- analysis of adopted laws and draft laws, development of proposals for legislative acts;
- participation of EPL experts in activities of law drafting working groups, in particular Working group of NGOs dealing with climate change, Public council of the Ministry of Environmental Protection of Ukraine, Public council of State Administration of Environmental Protection in Lviv region.
Informational and analytical activity with the aim to promote standards of rule of law:
- preparing analytical articles, publications, collections, reference books;
- organizing conferences, seminars, meetings on legal protection of environment on the national and international level;
- holding trainings on environmental law for practical lawyers;
- publishing Environment-People-Law Journal (quarterly) devoted to environmental and legal issues;
- collecting and disseminating environmental and legal information;
- cooperating with other environmental and legal organizations, higher educational institutions;
- maintaining unique library containing more than 3 000 books on environmental and legal issues.