To ask questions of the panelists, email email@example.com or Tweet @CANIntl.
- Alden Meyer, director of strategy and policy, Union of Concerned Scientists
- Harjeet Singh, international climate policy manager, ActionAid
- Lies Craeynest, food and climate justice lead, Oxfam
• Where: Press Conference Room 3, Paris Climate Summit, Le Bourget, Paris. (UNFCCC accreditation required to attend).
• Webcast: The press conference will be webcast live here and available on demand afterwards: http://unfccc6.meta-fusion.com/cop21/channels/press-room-3
Climate Action Network (CAN) is a global network of over 900 NGOs working to promote government and individual action to limit human-induced climate change to ecologically sustainable levels. More at: www.climatenetwork.org
***Advisory: Youth Action in Solidarity with Climate Vulnerable Forum**
Contact: Aly Johnson-Kurts, SustainUS Press Secretary
Who: Civil society NGOs to the UNFCCC, including an international youth coalition campaigning for #ZeroBy2050 as the long term goal for the Paris agreement, in solidarity with the Climate Vulnerable Forum.
What: Youth leaders from a coalition of the most at-risk countries to climate change – represented by the Climate Vulnerable Forum – will speak to demand an ambitious and strong long term goal in the Paris Agreement. The action is in line with the CVF, which adopted the Manila-Paris Declaration Monday. It includes the strongest call from UN member states for full decarbonization, 100% Renewable energy by 2050 to keep warming below 1.5℃. Visuals will include banners and youth with circles around one eye to symbolize the call for 0 (zero) fossil fuels by 2050.
When: 12:00 PM CET, Wednesday, 2 December 2015
Where: Outside Hall 4 in Champs-Élysées walkway, by camera stage opposite Paul bakery