Citizens’ Climate Lobby is a non-profit, grassroots advocacy organization focused on national policies to address climate change. We train and support volunteers to reclaim their democracy and engage elected officials and the media to generate the political will for solutions that will stabilize the Earth’s climate.
“If the political will of the people is asleep at the wheel, then the political will of government is likely to be asleep at the wheel.” - Sam Daley-Harris Founder, President RESULTS
How does CCL Work?
- CCL uses a mix of group empowerment and support which includes monthly national conference calls with a guest speaker.
- CCL trains volunteers to speak powerfully to their elected officials, the media and their local communities in order to inspire members of Congress to be leaders and spokespersons for a sustainable climate.
- CCL volunteers meet with their members of Congress, launch letter-writing campaigns, write letters to the editor and op-ed pieces, and generate editorials to promote a sustainable climate.
Methods of CCL
- Organize groups of citizens by Congressional District, of at least 5 volunteers per group.
- Listen to a National Conference call monthly to learn about legislation; share triumphs and difficulties; and learn and practice a laser talk.
- Build helpful, friendly relationships with elected representatives and with members of the press by providing timely, reliable information.
- Organize Education and Action meetings where CCL members educate friends and family and offer action to be taken.
- CCL is nonpartisan