The Climate Action Network (CAN) is a worldwide network of over 1100 Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in more than 120 countries, working to promote government and individual action to limit human-induced climate change to ecologically sustainable levels.
CAN members work to achieve this goal through information exchange and the coordinated development of NGO strategy on international, regional, and national climate issues. CAN has regional network hubs that coordinate these efforts around the world.
The Campaign Coordination Officer will work with the Campaigns Department to help support the CAN Network by ensuring national campaigners have effective strategies, resources and skills in order to contribute to mainstreaming a 100% renewable energy target in key countries. This role will also look to support and strengthen CAN members campaign work and support new voices within the climate movement. This is a full time position (40 hours per week) initially for 1 year with an option for extension.
- With the Head of Campaigns, drive a collaborative approach through developing and participating in coalitions with a diverse range of stakeholders including NGOs, city and regional networks, think-tanks, the financial and business sectors, politicians, journalists and others to deliver activities / events related to 100% renewable energy;
- Leverage and support CAN’s members and partners to deliver campaigns aligned with CAN priorities;
- Provide advice and scrutiny on campaign plans, and provide support as needed to national campaigners e.g. skills training, facilitating connections, sharing resources and information;
- Oversee the development of campaign tools, content and products such as campaign toolkits, factsheets, training presentations and other briefing materials for internal and external use;
- Regularly report on progress of the numerous campaigns, recognising challenges and working to overcome obstacles to ensure goals and objectives are met;
- Manage the campaign budget and lead on both financial and narrative reporting connecting to your work streams;
- Support key constituencies within the climate movement to maximise their advocacy and mobilisation potential;
- Manage the work of interns when required;
- Undertake other tasks as determined by the line manager.
- Experience developing and implementing campaign plans, including campaigns targeting government, cities and/or corporations;
- Expertise in campaigning techniques, policies, strategies, target audience analysis, structure and impact;
- Demonstrated leadership and coordination skills, including the ability to work with various diverse actors while delivering focused campaigns that address clear target;
- Strong internal and external communication skills and aptitude to communicate complicated issues in a clear manner for a wide variety of audiences across different channels;
- Excellent presentation and facilitating skills, with experience of giving online and offline capacity building trainings;
- Excellent writing and research skills, with proven ability to draft a range of materials including reports, briefings and blogs;
- Strong organisational and time-management skills, including delivering to agreed timelines;
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to develop and maintain relationships with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Comfortable working with a global team and partners located in various time zones;
- Fluent English is essential; other languages would be an asset;
- Comfortable with travel, sometimes on short notice;
- Knowledge and experience of working in the NGO sector and in a network structure is an asset.
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, with subject: “Campaign Coordination Officer” by March 17th. Applications that do not contain both a cover letter and resume will not be considered. Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis.
Please, no telephone inquiries. Based on the expected large interest in this position and limited capacity, only candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted. CAN is an equal opportunity employer.